Cultural & Linguistic Diversity at Transgrid
Transgrid is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where diverse thinking and ideas are valued.
Transgrid is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where diverse thinking and ideas are valued, where all employees feel a sense of belonging, and where all are inspired to do their best each day.
Transgrid fosters a highly collaborative environment where creativity and knowledge sharing are valued, and where every person is encouraged to take advantage of ongoing opportunities to develop their skills. Our people come from a broad range of backgrounds that reflect the communities we serve and bring different perspectives to different challenges. Together they play a critical role in our continued success. As such, we cultivate a workplace that promotes performance and recognition, and that develops, empowers and values employees at all levels and in all locations.
Transgrid celebrates a large calendar of diversity, inclusion and belonging events.
Transgrid is better when we represent the communities in which we live and operate.
The Transgrid Diversity Council was established to identify opportunities and proactively implement initiatives that foster a more diverse and inclusive culture at Transgrid, where our people thrive and our business grows sustainably.
Diversity Council members are a group of committed leaders and employees who promote and champion Transgrid’s Diversity and Inclusion strategy across the company to inspire action and achieve positive outcomes.
The diversity council:
- Gives employees an opportunity to be involved in organisation-wide initiatives and have a forum to have a say on behalf of their Business Unit
- Harness employees’ diverse thoughts and ideas
- Embed the importance Transgrid places on D&I
- Leverage employees to achieve D&I outcomes
- Assist in embedding a culture of Diversity across the organisation
- Provide a D&I voice to drive initiatives within each Business Unit