LGBTQ+ at Transgrid
Transgrid openly supports lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex plus (LGBTQI+) employees in all aspects of workplace through our inclusive policies, procedures and initiatives, such as our Rise Network for LGBTQI+ employees and allies.
Transgrid’s Rise Network represents a significant step towards creating an inclusive work environment that is safe, equitable and respectful in which all employees can bring their whole selves to work. An Ally is an employee who is aware of the issues faced by members of the LGBTIQ+ community and who actively helps to create a workplace that is inclusive for LGBTQI+ people. The Network is open to all employees; those who identify as LGBTQI+ and those who do not.
Transgrid’s Rise Ally Network supports LGBTQI+ inclusion at Transgrid, by:
- Raising awareness and promoting LGBTQI+ inclusion in the workplace.
- Promoting the use of LGBTQI+ inclusive language.
- Providing networking opportunities and events for Allies
- Providing learning opportunities for Allies
- Providing a platform through which we can promote and share our experience of LGBTQI+ inclusion externally, and learn from other organisations.
- Creating a visible presence of support for LGBTQI+ employees.